CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Position where highly effective technology management experience will add to profitability
Information Technology – Software Development – Strategic Planning
Technology and business visionary with 19 years of executive and hands on experience in automating multi-billion dollar enterprises. Strong record of success in creating robust IT architectures and infrastructures. Proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing costs and risk. Led development and deployment of custom applications. Provide strategic direction to senior management on technology.
· Technology Architecture & Integration · Leading Edge Software Development
· Global IT Delivery & Project Management · Enterprise Security Architecture & Infrastructure
· Budgeting & Cost Control · Staff Management & Team Building
· Organization & Staff Development · Strategic Analysis & Internal Consulting
Dynamic management career with strong leadership, problem solving, planning, team building and project management skills. Recruit, develop, motivate and retain diverse staff structuring them in teams that deliver results and savings.
· Strong background in IT management combines experience in Senior Management and Consulting, with ability to develop and deploy IT plans that achieve strategic business goals.
· Built global infrastructure that enabled revenue growth by enhancing IT Services as Senior General Manager at Deepak Fertilisers And Petrochemicals Corporation Limited (2008 - present).
· Executed Technology Solution Projects that led to explosive growth and profitable corporate sale as Account Manager of Technical Services at BioImagene India Pvt. Ltd. (2005-2008).
· Expert in IT Service management. Designed infrastructure in less than 90 days to integrate IT Services for customers as Project Consultant at LOAY International LLC. (2002-2005).
· Experienced building, leading and motivating teams of up to 55 productive employees.
Senior General Manager, IT: Deepak Fertilisers And Petrochemicals Corporation Limited (2008-present).
Set information management strategy and direction for rapidly growing company. Led IT projects and strategic development initiatives for improving effectiveness of information technology. Mitigate risk and manage compliance through BCP (Business Continuity Planning), GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) and audit. Led Innovation and alignment of IT with business. Driving Digital Transformation Through Analytics, Mobility, Cloud & Collaboration solutions. Leading Smart Factory, IoT and Industry 4.0 initiatives.
· Manage systems development, deployment and operations. Implemented business applications to enhance business. Manage all internal and outsourced projects within approved budgets.· Successfully deployed IT infrastructure to enable expansion, rapidly becoming region’s one of the largest company in specialty Fertilisers & Industrial Chemicals niche.
· Led team in defining IT service process ITSM/ITIL and support of business applications with ERP solution (SAP and Oracle). Led selection and setup of enterprise technology solutions.
· Developed and deployed Enterprise IT & Security Architecture, Data Center, Disaster Recovery, On-Demand Private Cloud, Unified Communication platform, Intranet and Internet sites.
· Lowered cost of ownership more than 25% by standardizing office applications, printing services, desktops and laptops.
Account Manager, Technology Solutions: BioImagene India Pvt. Ltd. (Ventana Medical Systems Inc., a member of the Roche Group) (2005-2008).
Designed, developed and deployed customized software application & technology solutions for global customers. Technology solutions on Analytics and Digital Pathology. Major customers from Biotechnology, Healthcare, Research and Pharmaceuticals domain. Worked for major customers Shionogi, Allergan & Genzyme Genetics.
· Delivered cost effective solutions to customers and generated revenue.
· Developed solutions using Java & Oracle technologies to deliver and track 10+ contracts annually.
· Designed and delivered business applications for customers in US, UK & Japan.
Project Consultant, IT Solutions: LOAY International LLC., Muscat, Oman (2002-2005).
Led design and architecture of enterprise network infrastructure. Worked with customers to create long-term IT vision that resulted in tremendous time/cost savings and competitive edge. Worked for major customers Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), OMAN Telecommunications Company (Omantel), Oman Refinery Company (ORC)
· Involved design, installation and administration of LAN/WLAN/WAN systems using Windows, UNIX, Cisco and TCP/IP.
· Lowered cost of ownership more than 25% by standardizing desktops and laptops.
· Led development, QA, testing and deployed customized software application solutions for customers.
· Designed and implemented Service Management solution using ITIL best practices.
Resident Engineer, FMS Services: Compaq Computer India Pvt. Ltd., Pune (2002).
Worked in Facilities Management Services providing installation, configuration, on-site technical support, network management and design services for customer. Worked for Cummins India.
· Managed infrastructure to support clients with desktop application systems.
Customer Engineer, FMS Services: CMS Computers Limited, Pune (2001).
Customer Support Engineer, IT Services: PCS Industries Limited, Pune (2000).
System Engineer, IT Services: COMPUSYS, Pune (1998-1999).
Managed all Facilities Management Services for customers. Worked for KSB Pumps, Philips & Sandvik.
· Designed network
architecture and installations for customers.
· Developed and designed production inventory management database, administered maintenance database. Managed maintenance of standalone and networked equipment.
• PhD/DMS Doctorate in Management Studies (Information Technology): ISBM (2017)
• MDP on Strategic IT Management for CIOs: Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad (2013)
• ITPM (IT Project Management): Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay/Mumbai (2006)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) in International Business: ASU USA (2008)
• Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Computer Science: COHTE Pune (1999)
• PMP® - Project Management (2005): Brainbench on PMI’s PMBOK® Guide—Third Edition
• CISSP® (Certified Information Systems Security Professional): (ISC)²®
• ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) V3 Foundation Certified
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
• CCNA® (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
• MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) Windows 2003
• OCA (Oracle Certified Associate)
• OpenSAP Certified by SAP
• CAPS (Certified Acer Product Specialist) for Acer Notebooks
• Certificate in Wireless Network Evolution: ITU (Int. Telecom Union) CoE/ARB and TRA (Oman)
• Certificate in Nokia Mobile Card Enhancement: Nokia Academy (Middle East)
• HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Passport from PDO (Oman)
• Certificate in Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMi) V1.1 from Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, US
• Certificate in IQM (Integrated Quality Management - ITIL, CobiT, ISO 20000 & ISO 27001): QLogy, Pune
• Certificate in (Amazon Web Services) AWS Cloud Essentials by Amazon
• Certificate in PC Architecture, Repairs and Maintenance: Govt. College of Engineering, Pune
• Certificate in CNC M/C Technology: ATSS, Pune
Workshop on Transformational Leadership by Indian Institute Of Management (IIM) Calcutta (2015)
• Programming Language & Databases: SQL, MS SQL & ORACLE
• Connectivity: Network Switches, Cisco Firewall/Routers, Juniper UTM, Wireless Access Point & Interface cards.
• Operating System: MICROSOFT WINDOWS, NOVELL NETWARE, UNIX, LINUX & IBM OS/400
• Application Software’s: MS Office System, MS Project, MS Visio, Norton Utilities, McAfee, Adobe Acrobat, Checkpoint, PC Anywhere, Citrix, JDE, SAP, Oracle, Lotus Notes, VMware, AWS etc.
• Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NetBEUI, Netware/IP, PPP, PAP, CHAP, BGP, OSPF, IPSec, SSL and other WAN/VPN protocols.
• Domain Knowledge: IT, ITES, Telecom, BFSI, Manufacturing and Biotech
• Quality Standards & Best Practices: CMM, PCMM, Lean Six Sigma, HSE, 21 CFR Part 11, ITIL, ISO & Kaizen
• Winner of “NEXT100” Award in 2011 as one of India’s next generation CIO by IT NEXT and 9.9 Media.
• Winner of "Top 100 CISO” Award 2015, 2012 & Finalist in 2013, Award conceptualized by 'InfoSecurity' magazine and iViZ Security. “Featured on cover page of InfoSecurity Magazine as best leading CISO of India”
• Winner of "CIO100" Special Award 2015, 2014, 2013 & Finalist in 2012, Award by CIO magazine & IDG (International Data Group). Profile & feature in CIO magazine and on the website.
• Winner of "Manufacturing Leadership and Innovation Award" for the category Manufacturing IT and Automation by Industry 2.0.
• Winner of "EDGE" Award 2013 for demonstrating the best use of technology to solve a business problem, improve business competitiveness, and deliver quantifiable ROI to stakeholders. An initiative by InformationWeek & UBM.
• "FOUNDATION FOR A SMARTER PLANET" Awarded by IBM, IDG & CIO Magazine. CERTIFIED INNOVATION READY For Pioneering a highly Mature IT Infrastructure aligned to Business Priorities
• Winner of “INFOSEC MAESTROS” Award 2016 & 2014, TOP MOST HONOUR FOR SECURITY LEADERS OF INDIA. Award program by INFOSECURITY LIVE, a technology media brand of BLITZ INDIA. "Featured on cover page of InfoSecurity Magazine April 2014
• Winner of "I.C.O.N.I.C" IDC Insights Awards 2014, by IDC (International Data Corporation)
• Winner of "CSO50" Award 2015 for security projects and initiatives that demonstrate outstanding business value and thought leadership, by CSO magazine & IDG (International Data Group)
• “IT Award” Finalist 2015, to acknowledge Best CIOs in India by CIO KLUB & BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange)
• Winner of the “Innovative CIO Award” for 2016 & 2015 by BitStream Mediaworks & CIOAXIS. Recognising India's Most Forward Thinking & Innovative CIOs.
• Winner of "Dataquest Business Technology Award" 2016 by CyberMedia and DataQuest magazine.
• Winner of “CIO 3.0 Gold Award” 2016 by BW CIOWorld and BusinessWold magazine.
• “PLATINUM & GOLD AWARD WINNER” AS PROPELLER LEADER by DFPCL Management.
• Winner of “CIO Power List” 2016 by CORE (Centre of Recognition & Excellence) Media.
• Winner of “SAP ACE Award” 2015 Emerging CIO by SAP and INDUS.
• Winner of “100 Most Innovative CIO of India” by World CSR Day.
• Winner of Dell EMC Transformers Award, Recognizing IT Transformation Champions.
• Honored with “50 Most Innovative CIO of India” Citation Award by the Jury and Council of Board Members www.indiasgreatest.com
• Honored with ChangeAgents Award at CIO200 by Enterprise IT World.
• Honored with BIG CIO100 Award by Trescon.
Researched on Analytics with research title "USE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TO GIVE BUSINESS VALUE". Research was focused on the latest technology solutions like Cloud, Mobility, Bigdata, IoT & Collaboration which enables Analytics and can be further enhanced to Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Robotics and Neural Science with successful use cases across domains like Biotech, BFSI, Automobile, Manufacturing, Telecom, Tourism etc.
Panelist, speaker and writer of many articles on technology and business use cases published by leading magazines and publication houses. Authoring two books on Business IT & Analytics.